RE: Freezer slabs

You will need to provide a 3-inch mudslab (which serves to both contain the underslab heating and provide a substrate for the underfloor insulation), a layer of underfloor insulation (6-inch minimum I would guess for 0 to 10 degrees) and an unreinforced wearslab for support of the pallets and racks.

I have some standard details I can send you if you would like.

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E.

MASCE/SEI/BPAD

SCHOOR DEPALMA

Senior Project Manager

Structural Department

200 State Highway Nine

Manalapan, NJ 07726-0900

Phone: (732) 577-9000 (Ext. 1283)

FAX: (732) 431-9428

Cell: (908) 309-8657

Email: mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com

Website: www.schoordepalma.com