Re: Electronic Signature and Stamp in CA and USA

> No,
>
> You may use an electronic stamp, but electronic signature is not
> permitted.

I wonder about this.

Pres. Clinton signed the Electronic Signatures in Global and National
Commerce act back in 2000. I am not familiar with the scope of that law
but I am sure that one reason for its passage was to encourage wide
adoption.

We do have the right to use digital signatures for engineering documents
requiring sealing and signature in Texas
(http://www.tbpe.state.tx.us/downloads/law_rules605.pdf - NOTE: This is a
PDF document; go to the section at the bottom of page 54).

In my opinion it has been a real time- and money-saving option.