Re: Electronic Signature and Stamp in CA and USA

I read this as meaning that a digitized version of a physical signature was not acceptable.  I don't have a reason to (pay for) digital signing verification services, but I suppose if it became a big deal, I might do it.  I did "digitally sign" my federal form 330 for a recent proposal, but I used acrobat to self-verify, so there's no real third party check. Anyone could have "signed" as me.

BTW - Its good to see that you're alive. With all the political words being bantered about, and no response from you, I wondered if something had gone awry ;-)

Bill Polhemus wrote:
No,

You may use an electronic stamp, but electronic signature is not
permitted.

I wonder about this.

Pres. Clinton signed the Electronic Signatures in Global and National
Commerce act back in 2000. I am not familiar with the scope of that law
but I am sure that one reason for its passage was to encourage wide
adoption.

We do have the right to use digital signatures for engineering documents
requiring sealing and signature in Texas
(http://www.tbpe.state.tx.us/downloads/law_rules605.pdf - NOTE: This is a
PDF document; go to the section at the bottom of page 54).

In my opinion it has been a real time- and money-saving option.