From: gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com
Subject: OT: SMTP Port 25 Blocked for Outgoing Emails

Sorry for the Non-Structural ENgineeering post....

I have website hosting through Yahoo. I use outlook as my email program. I can
receive emails, but I cannot send them out.

Yahoo is telling me that my ISP (SBC DSL) is blocking port 25 to prevent spam.
>From what I've read, many people are simply switching to Cable. My problem is I
sub-lease office space and don't want to bother the other people internet
configuration just because of little ole me. Apparently it requires contacting
SBC and telling them to unblock port 25. They aren't having the same problems
since they use SBC as their email client.

So my solutions at hand seem to be find a work around or use yahoo, gmail, or
hotmail or something as my email address from now on.

ANy of you network guys know any work arounds?

thanks,
-gm