RE: AISC 341 7.2 slip critical? pre-engineered metal bldg end plates, shear plates as drag struts

> From: "Robert E Shaw Jr" <rshaw(--nospam--at)steelstructures.com>

> Class A is bare steel, clean mill scale, not blast-cleaned. That's Class B.

Unless it's painted, apparently.

> By the way, our Steel Connections: Seismic Applications seminars are now
> scheduled. Buena Park and South San Francisco will be in October, Seattle /
> Tukwila is the week following Thanksgiving. Go to www.steelstructures.com
> <http://www.steelstructures.com/>  for details. We'll also offer this
> seminar in New York and in Boston in October.

Bob,
have you ever taken your seminars to Canada? Even Buffalo or Niagara
Falls would be enticing to Southern Ontario engineers.

Paul

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International