Re: FL Board Disciplinary Actions

On Jul 30, 2005, at 5:00 PM, Ray Pixley wrote:

On Chris' shake up idea, that would be good if it can be done right.  That would level the bid playing field so that PEs will not be underbid by other PEs who can bid lower fees by not complying with rules and regulations, and then get away with it because the government regulatory authority is more interested in collecting revenues than encouraging good behavior.
The FEMC only collects if they encourage good behavior by enforcing the regulations. They really need to be interested in levying fines.

Now, will this proposed private techno-board be made up of ex-PE board members, ex-civil servants or <gasp> ex-political appointees?  I see conflicts of interest there.
The make-up of the FEMC is as I quoted in my post: Five Florida PE's appointed by the Florida Engineering Registration Board and two lay persons appointed by Secretary of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. You'd probably find that web site interesting.
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/