Brick Veneer Spray-on water repellant

I am looking at a 25 year old building that has a brick veneer and metal stud backup.  The veneer has started to have water penetration this year into the building in one area.  It only occurs when the wind is blowing the rain in the direction of the wall.  When it blows the opposite direction the wall does not appear to leak.  The owner has already applied some water repellant to the surface.  I don’t know the brand yet.  I need to find it out.  It still leaks some even after this initial application.  They have now called me in to help with the solution to the problem.  I would like some suggestion for products for a spray on water repellent for brick veneer.  What have others found to work best?  I’m not necessarily looking for a brand name product (although I will take one) as I am the material.  Should it be a silicone, a silane, or something else?  Should it be an absorption type material that is soaked in end then repells water, like a silane, or one that coats the surface more?

Appreciate any insight.

Rich