Re: Brick Veneer Spray-on water repellant

Rich,

Are you sure that a water repellant will solve your problem?

Let me put it another way.  Is it wind driven rain/water that is "seeping"
through the masonry in maybe will poor detailing of the air space, in
which case a water repellant might solve it?  Or is it that the wall
deflects enough (maybe due to metal stud backup...OK, is my preduice
against metal stud behind brick veneer showing? <grin>) that cracks in the
mortar joints are forming, which allow water in at the joints (in which
case a water repellant may not work so well)?

I would had to see someone spend money on water repellant (apparently
again) and not have it solve the problem.

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI