welding inspection

Could anyone out there give me there opinion?

My calculations and drawings called for complete penetration welds using a
prequalified weld specification from the AISC book on some 1 by 6 steel
bars. The welds were supposedly performed in a certified shop with certified
welders.

What is the general protocol for the engineer to insure that the welds meet
the criteria of the prequalified weld specification?

James A. Sadler, SE
Jasco Pacific, Inc.
550-D Industrial Way
Fallbrook, CA 92028