From: Stuart, Matthew
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 9:58 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: IBC Chapter 17

I think for most folks that had any experience with the BOCA Special Inspection requirements, the IBC Special Inspection program is really not much different.

With BOCA I found that not all local building officials enforced the requirement for the Statement of Special Inspection from the EOR, like wise I have yet to come across a building official that has required a formal Statement of Special Inspection per Section 1704.1.1 of the IBC.

What the IBC appears to include that BOCA did not, at least to the best of my knowledge, is a Quality Assurance Plan.

The IBC talks about what categories of structures require a QA Plan, but doesn’t really get into the specifics or real details of a QA Plan similar to what is prescribed for Special Inspections.

Has anyone had any experience with an IBC QA Plan submission?

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E.

MASCE/SEI/BPAD

SCHOOR DEPALMA

Senior Project Manager

Structural Department

200 State Highway Nine

Manalapan, NJ 07726-0900

Phone: (732) 577-9000 (Ext. 1283)

FAX: (732) 431-9428

Cell: (908) 309-8657

Email: mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com

Website: www.schoordepalma.com