RE: Definition of Structural Engineering for High School Students

I always thought I was being paid to solve puzzles all day.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nels Roselund [mailto:njineer(--nospam--at)att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:08 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Definition of Structural Engineering for High School
Students

I have a friend whose son is a junior in high school and wants to be an
engineer -- but hasn't decided on his field. I hope he doesn't see either
the Princeton original or Gerard's "correction" before he sees something
more encouraging, as well as accurate, about our profession.  Anyone care to
give it a try?

Nels Roselund, SE
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net

This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named addressee(s) and
delete the transmitted material from your computer and server.  In no event
shall this material be read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than
the named addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
the named addressee(s).