RE: Definition of Structural Engineering for High School Students

I guess I should have rated my email "M" for mature like a video game.

It's called dark humor, sarcastic with a big dose of reality.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job, just having some fun at Princeton
review's expense. Basically, all I was trying to say was by pointing out
all the downsides of our job duties, it would at least be more accurate
than that profile. I'm confident anyone reading either my attempt at
humor or princeton's would not want to be an SE. That's the whole point.

If your friend's son wants a list of positives, he can email me
privately and I'll explain the great points of the job as well.

Respectfully,
-gm

AND FOR SOME REASON, PRETTY PROUD OF HIMSELF FOR BEING AN S.E.
My kids think I'm some Wile. E. Coyote, Supra Genius, everytime I point
out a building I designed or retrofitted (it helps that one of them is
almost 20 stories tall and in view of their schools).

But I'd still rather be a rock star.