Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: STRUCTURAL ENGINEER'S JOB DESCRIPTION[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <JDP1000(--nospam--at)aol.com>, "SEAINT Listserv" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: STRUCTURAL ENGINEER'S JOB DESCRIPTION
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:56:01 -0500
I was the one that posted this link on SEAINT yesterday, with several additional links today. The Princeton Review has subsequently been overwhelmed with email from annoyed structural engineers all over the U.S. They have declared by email and telephone that they have gotten the message loud and clear and will inactivate the links to the offending web pages. Furthermore, they have accepted an offer from NCSEA and SEI to rewrite all of the structural engineering content on their website.
This has been a success!
From: JDP1000(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:JDP1000(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:45 PM
To: Caldwell, Stan
Subject: STRUCTURAL ENGINEER'S JOB DESCRIPTION
IF YOU ALREADY RECEIVED THIS FROM ME I APOLOGIZE. I SENT IT OUT UNDER A "MASS MAILING" AND IT WAS RETURNED - I DIDN'T KNOW IF IT WAS JUST CERTAIN ADDRESSES THAT WERE "RETURNED" OR WHETHER THE ENTIRE MAILING WAS RETURNED.
FOUND THIS ON THE STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM WEB SITE.
IT'S AN ARTICLE IN THE PRINCETON REVIEW CONCERNING STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS - WHAT THEY ARE, WHAT THEY DO, WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO BECOME ONE, ETC.
IF I WERE DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT TO STUDY ENGINEERING TO BECOME A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER BASED UPON THIS ARTICLE, I PROBABLY WOULD OPT FOR ANOTHER PROFESSION.
COMPLETELY INACCURATE, SOMEWHAT FUNNY, BUT IN A PERVERSE SORT OF WAY - SAD. I GUESS IT GOES ALONG WITH WHAT MANY ENGINEERS HAVE BEEN SAYING - THAT WE DON'T PROMOTE THE PROFESSION ENOUGH.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Stepping Basement Type Retaining Wall
- Next by Subject: Structural License in Washington State
- Previous by thread: RE: Follow-up: Definition of Structural Engineering for High Scho ol Students
- Next by thread: Inryco Deck