From: JDP1000(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:JDP1000(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:45 PM
To: Caldwell, Stan
Subject: STRUCTURAL ENGINEER'S JOB DESCRIPTION

IF YOU ALREADY RECEIVED THIS FROM ME I APOLOGIZE.  I SENT IT OUT UNDER A "MASS MAILING" AND IT WAS RETURNED - I DIDN'T KNOW IF IT WAS JUST CERTAIN ADDRESSES THAT WERE "RETURNED" OR WHETHER THE ENTIRE MAILING WAS RETURNED.

FOUND THIS ON THE STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM WEB SITE.

IT'S AN ARTICLE IN THE PRINCETON REVIEW CONCERNING STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS - WHAT THEY ARE, WHAT THEY DO, WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO BECOME ONE, ETC.

IF I WERE DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT TO STUDY ENGINEERING TO BECOME A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER  BASED UPON THIS ARTICLE, I PROBABLY WOULD OPT FOR ANOTHER PROFESSION.

COMPLETELY INACCURATE, SOMEWHAT FUNNY, BUT IN A PERVERSE SORT OF WAY  - SAD.  I GUESS IT GOES ALONG WITH WHAT MANY ENGINEERS HAVE BEEN SAYING - THAT WE DON'T PROMOTE THE PROFESSION ENOUGH.

JOHN PASS