Re: shear wall elevations

When door and windows in the second story wall do not line up with the openings in the first story, or when the edge of the second story wall falls within the width of the first story shear wall, I provide wall elevation to satisfy myself the second story hold-down forces are carried to the foundation.

Gautam

>>> atwoodjason(--nospam--at)yahoo.com 08/03/05 04:40PM >>>
Howdy:

Does anybody or rather are there many out there that provide shear wall elevations for Type V construction? Most in this area do not (NE. California/ W. Nevada); however one local bldg. dept requires holdowns to be shown on the Arch. elevations though.

Just curious

S.

Jason Atwood, P.E.