RE: Definition of Structural Engineering for High School Students

It's plausible.  The public doesn't care if garbage
piles up on the street or in some park, but deprive them
of water or traffic lights or TV or their power and
it hits home. Can you see a city without engineers in
their various departments to tell everyone else what to
do?  Yeah, I could see it happening.
Gary