Re: ASCE Seminars

> Has anyone tried any of the ASCE Seminars on CD/Video/Online?  I'm
> interested on your thoughts about thier price:usefullness ratio.

I have not, but I have thought about it.

To me, these would likely be VERY useful if you do the "site license"
thing: Pay the fee and have several people watch it with you.

I think these things are priced at about $250 or so. If you get five
people in your office, have each pay an equal share and watch it together
I think it would be VERY useful.

A couple of other thoughts occur:

- It would be most useful to have a PC projector available.

- It would be GREAT if you could record the proceedings. They may not be
available for download but there is inexpensive software available that
allows you to capture video (and audio) streams and render them as video
files (e.g. .WMV, .MOV, etc.) One problem I have with "one off" seminars
is that the instruction is often soon forgot.

I still have some VHS tapes from Auburn University's Distance Education
Department, on LRFD Steel Design and Wood Design Using NDS. I have viewed
them each several times since I purchased them a few years ago. I get
something out of them each time.