RE: under-slab insulation for cooler building

There is absolutely no need for underslab insulation in a cooler.

Sub-slab insulation is needed only around the perimeter of the slab where you are trying to prevent the “cooled” soil from effecting adjacent surfaces outside of the cooler footprint that would result in condensate problems.

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E.

MASCE/SEI/BPAD

SCHOOR DEPALMA

Senior Project Manager

Structural Department

200 State Highway Nine

Manalapan, NJ 07726-0900

Phone: (732) 577-9000 (Ext. 1283)

FAX: (732) 431-9428

Cell: (908) 309-8657

Email: mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com

Website: www.schoordepalma.com