Question regarding E.I.T registartion

Hi,

I have a question regarding registration for E.I.T exam. I graduated from University of Texas at Arlington, TX and I took my EIT exam in April,2005 in TX and unfortunately couldnt pass it. Now, I have moved to CA since I got a job here and want to take EIT again. I was just wondering if I can take the exam from CA or do I have to go back to TX again to write the exam as I already registered with TX last time when I wrote it. I called up the licensing boards and three of 'em had three different opinions.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bhairavi