Re: Question regarding E.I.T registartion

Bhairavi,

In theory, you should be able to sit for the EIT exam anywhere you
want...in your case CA or TX.  In theory, you should be able to fill out
the application material and pay the fee in CA and then sit for/take the
EIT exam there.

You are, however, dealing with "red tape".  As result, it is possible
(although I doubt it) that since you have registered once and taken the
exam in TX that some other states may not allow you to take it there.  My
guess is that is likely _NOT_ the case.  I would guess that you will need
to fill out the application/registration paperwork and pay the fee in CA,
and then they will let you take the exam.  I would guess that the only
benefit to doing it in TX is that you might not need to fillout paperwork
again but just pay a fee.

Regardless, the people that can give you the real answers is the Board
people in CA.  Contact BORPELs and ask them.  No matter what they say,
they are "right"...in otherwords, even if in reality what they say is
wrong, they are "right" in that they are the ones that administer the
thing so what they say/believe ultimately goes (hope that makes sense).

If for some reason they don't allow it, then you can always sign up for
it again in TX and take it there...just means that you will have to travel
back to TX at your expense to take it...not exactly fair, but hey, life
ain't fair.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI