RE: 2003 IBC & Inspection

List,
Site review, or observation as you call it, is mandatory
in most provinces, including Ontario, for engineers who
have been involved in a building or designated structure.
We do not call it inspection as this is reserved for
"inspectors" who have to be qualified, e.g. eye
examinations and our insurance companies tell us to
avoid the term inspection.  Since you are using the
term inspection, are you performing inspections or are
you observing?  I also understand that special
inspection may be mandated by your laws for certain
cases, but does that require the engineer to do the
inspection?  Just curious.
Gary