Re: Slightly O.T.- Termite Threat

Jim:

Forty seven years ago, I was a chief of party on a survey crew in Africa and the people would catch the termites (big) and fry and eat them like pop-corn.  We also had a fellow who had a tennis racket which he liked to bat the termites with.  Very similar to the little tennis racket type that's being sold now for getting local bugs.

Also, these termites came out of tapering mounds, which meant that they were building to a different code.

Neil Moore
Shingle Springs, Ca