Re: T-hanger ballpark costs

Are you thinking about an MBMA type construction? If so, I think you're in the ballpark...mayby a hair high. I think my rule of thumb is about $25/sf for the shell, including slab foundation. The building components run in the $6-8/SF (year or two old numbers). A lot of churches use them (very price-sensitive market), but get sucked in by the $7/sf raw and $25/sf "finished" numbers, and forget that they usually end up buying twice the SF they really need, and that they'll still have to install lighting, hvac, plumbing, and all the interior finishes that they want.

Jim Wilson wrote:

Does anyone have a rough idea what the square foot
cost might be for a very simple T-hanger type
building?  Its only going to hold 8 single engine 1 or
2 seat planes.  I am only interested in the steel
frame + roof and walls delivered and installed.  My
wildest guess is somewhere around $25 per sf.  I tried
to find some manufacturers on the web, but had little
luck.  One doesn't do that work any more and the other
hasn't called back...

TIA,
Jim Wilson