Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: SLIGHTLY O.T.: Architectural Term For "This" Sort Of 3D Shape...

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
> Bill,
> I think you answered your question when you called in a folded plate
> structure.

Sure, but that's "engineer-ese".

Architects have that neat ur-language featuring an agglomeration of Latin,
Greek, French, Arabic and who-knows-what-else to describe things

Like "crenelation," or "clerestory."

I just wondered if maybe they'd thought up a nifty name for what I described.

(No, not "polhemusoid." That just doesn't have "it").

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********