Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Tributary Area[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Tributary Area
- From: "Nels Roselund" <njineer(--nospam--at)att.net>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:20:00 -0700
What is the precise definition of Tributary Area for figuring live load reduction? The UBC defines it as the area of floor or roof supported by the member. If a beam supports one edge of a simple-span floor, is the tributary areas the span of the beam times width of the floor, or is it half that area because the beam supports only half the floor [the other half is supported on the other edge]? I’ve seen it done both ways, and have done it both ways myself.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Top Running Crane Beam New to Existing Connection
- Next by Subject: Tributary Area
- Previous by thread: Re: Top Running Crane Beam New to Existing Connection
- Next by thread: Tributary Area