Light gage steel web stiffener

I’m looking for the detail requirements of a web stiffener for light gage steel joists at the bearing ends.  My loads are high enough to require stiffeners according to the manufacturer’s literature.  Details I have seen use a piece of stud, same size as the bearing wall below, to stiffener the web.  My question is if there is a standard detail for the connection of the stiffener to the joist to assure is does what it is supposed to do?  I was wondering if 4 screws, 2 top & bottom, of the stiffener to the web (web to web) are sufficient.  Does it matter if the stiffener is on the back side of the web, or inside the flanges?  Also, if I have joists lapped at a bearing wall, back to back, the stiffener needs to be inside the flanges.  Are there any special requirements for putting the stiffener on the inside verses on the back face?

Thanks.

Rich