Re:Al-yoo-minium

Bill,
I did some design of Aluminium members about 20 years
ago.

Here's what I still remember :

Deflection will be a serious issue.
Remember to check for deflections.
E value of Alumuminum is very poor.
I think it is about 1/3 that of steel.
Please look up the value.

And yes, if it is connected to steel look out for
bi-metallic corrosion.
That could be an issue too.

And finally, the cost.
It's frightfully expensive compared to steel.

Just thought of reminding you.
You probably know all this already.
I used to know a little on this subject  and have
forgotton it now.
Regards
G Vishwanath
========