Re:Al-yoo-minium

> I did some design of Aluminium members about 20 years
> ago.

I just noticed: Is "Aluminium" an alternate spelling (and pronunciation)?
I am aware (from the old "Dr. Who" TV programs, as it happens) that the
Brits pronounce it thus, but I always figured it was just another
delightful Brit affectation (like their incessant trouble with
subject-verb agreement--"The team _are_ in high spirits and eager to begin
the match!")

> Deflection will be a serious issue.
> Remember to check for deflections.
> E value of Alumuminum is very poor.
> I think it is about 1/3 that of steel.
> Please look up the value.

Above noted.

> And yes, if it is connected to steel look out for
> bi-metallic corrosion.

Thanks.

> That could be an issue too.
>
> And finally, the cost.
> It's frightfully expensive compared to steel.
>
> Just thought of reminding you.
> You probably know all this already.
> I used to know a little on this subject  and have
> forgotton it now.

You know you're getting old when the old saw "he's forgotten more about
the subject than you know right now" applies to you.

I'm not worried about the cost, etc. This "prospect" is in the business of
fabricating aluminum tube structures.

Oh, and BTW: I LOVE GREAT BRITAIN! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN (and b*gger her
worthless excuse for a son!)

Just so there's no misunderstanding...