Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
wind lines and jurisdictions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: wind lines and jurisdictions
- From: "Christopher" <cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net>
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:54:10 -0400
Does anyone have a recollection of a statement in the ASCE 7-98 Standard, Commentary, or perhaps in the ASCE 7-98 version of Kishor’s Guide that goes something like the following…
“when a wind speed line passes through a local jurisdiction, the line can be moved to the edge of the jurisdiction due to the fact that the lines are established by consensus of the ASCE 7 Task Committee and are not intended to be so precise as to require interpolation within the jurisdiction.”
I only have the 7-02 versions of the ASCE 7 Standard/Commentary/Guide and I can’t find this language in the newer documents.
Thanks in advance.
Christopher Banbury, PE
- Prev by Subject: Where to find the "h0" distance in the AISC Manual?
- Next by Subject: Re: wind lines and jurisdictions
- Previous by thread: Fw: GEOTECH: Need Advice in re So. Central PA
- Next by thread: Re: wind lines and jurisdictions