wind lines and jurisdictions

Does anyone have a recollection of a statement in the ASCE 7-98 Standard, Commentary, or perhaps in the ASCE 7-98 version of Kishor’s Guide that goes something like the following…

“when a wind speed line passes through a local jurisdiction, the line can be moved to the edge of the jurisdiction due to the fact that the lines are established by consensus of the ASCE 7 Task Committee and are not intended to be so precise as to require interpolation within the jurisdiction.”

I only have the 7-02 versions of the ASCE 7 Standard/Commentary/Guide and I can’t find this language in the newer documents.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Incorporated

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603-0129

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

352.754.2424 (o)

352.754.2412 (f)

cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net

www.arkengineering.net