From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 12:10 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: GEOTECH: Need Advice in re So. Central PA

Any of y'all that have done work in this area of the U.S.:

I am writing a geotechnical engineering RFP, and I need to know if there
is anything pertinent to this area of the world that I ought to include.

For example, I have TONS of stuff I know I need to add for work in Texas,
mainly related to expansive soils. But this area of the country is unknown
to me.

I know there's rock down there, according to some thirty-year-old bore
logs--amazing how LITTLE they put in geotech reports back in them
days--but otherwise, I'm not sure if there's anything "special" I ought to
ask about.

Thanks in advance.