RE: wind lines and jurisdictions

> This stuff ain't rocket science, contrary to what
> ASCE would lead you to believe.

Well, I'm not sure how you wold characterize the difficulty of "rocket
science," but I do know that a great deal of effort in data-mining,
statistical analysis and practical deliberation went into the making of
the current windspeed maps dating from the development of the 1995 ASCE 7.

And a great deal of further time, money and research went further into the
study of the "micro-effects" of wind on components and cladding, as well.

Lotsa big "boundary layer wind tunnel" model runs, lots of computer time
and lots of applied math.

Sounds a LOT like "rocket science" to me.