RE: wind lines and jurisdictions

> Well, I guess I gotta agree that the academics and research are to the
> level of rocket science, but can't it be reduced to something easier to
> apply for us practical types?  Maybe a more "simplified" procedure (yes,
> simpler than what is currently the "simplified" procedure)?

Well, that's what they've done.

I mean, it's not as simple as "use 20 psf," but then it's supposed to
strike a balance between the vagaries of the turbulent effects that
actually occur, and the need for structural engineers to get on with their
work. It's not "perfect," but it was established by a sizeable contingent
of the structural engineering community (including not only the
researchers but the design side as well) in the customary "consensus"
formula. That it doesn't please everyone is par for the course.

IMO, it is much easier than, say, seismic structural analysis.

But YMMV.