Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Equivalent plate thickness[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct EngAssoc" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Equivalent plate thickness
- From: "ASC" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:50:39 +1000
From: John J. Treff [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 7:13 PM
Subject: ROOF DECK EQUIVALENT THICKNESS
Are there any formulae, tables or procedures to calculate the equivalent
thickness of a roof deck as a flat plate? I'd like to use shells in a=20
software program as roof sheeting and need to come up with an equivalent
thickness for the shells since I can not input the steel sheet shape. I=20
assume the material I will specify for the deck will be the same as the
the steel deck.
You must input stiffness-equivalent thickness to get
correct load distribution.
But then, your stress results will be incorrect.
Correct those by applying loads obtained above to the real thing.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Epoxy type grout for anchor bolt
- Next by Subject: Excel Spreadsheets by Struware
- Previous by thread: Cinders/Expanded pumice concrete
- Next by thread: Turning 1" Rod