Re: GEOTECH: Requirements for Rock

> Bill-
> That's a pretty broad question but I'll give it a shot with some general
> comments.

[SNIP]

Thanks, Bill, your comments though general are along the lines of what I'm
looking for.

In my case I've got two situations: A large ground-supported water tank,
and some isolated heavily-loaded column foundations.

In the first case we're looking at a "product load" (exclusive of the tank
itself) of about 1,600 psf. In second, the maximum column load will be on
the order of 1,200 Kips.