From: Charley Hamilton [mailto:chamilto(--nospam--at)uci.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Turning 1" Rod

Candi -

Yes, but you have to make sure the rod is chucked perfectly to get
exactly the nominal major diameter, unless the 1" square stock is just
a hair over.  Is there a reason not to start from hex stock, as this
is easier to chuck up for the turning operation?

Charley

--
Charles Hamilton, PhD EIT               PGR and Lecturer