Re: LG stud bridging

[snip]
> So what description do you put on your drawings when
> you deem bridging
> to be necesary? A reference to "bridging", a note
> describing fasteners &
> quantities or an actual graphic?

I've seen some light gage designers (working for the
contractor) include SSMA details right on their
drawings.  I believe SSMA standard CAD details can be
downloaded directly.  I don't know about copyright
concerns.  Most engineered design drawings do not
provide any where near this level of detail (at least
from what I'd seen working as an LG designer for a
couple of years.)

When I'm putting the design drawings together for bid,
I will include statements on the drawings that all
details, attachements, etc shall be in accordance with
SSMA standard details.  My wish list includes
development of some better details to put on my
drawings, but I feel fairly comfortable with the SSMA
reference for the little stuff.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA