From: Brian Stanley [mailto:bstanley(--nospam--at)inbox.bz]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Catenary Floors 1920's

I've come across an existing structure built in the 1920's that consists
on
a 4" gypsum slab spanning between steel beams.  The slab appears to be a
"catenary" type system with a series of No. 12 wires strung between
beams.
When new openings are cut in the slabs for new core elements, these
wires
need to be supported so the catenary force isn't lost for adjacent bays.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to anchor these wires?

Brian Stanley
Richmond, VA