From: Hans E Boge [mailto:Hanseb(--nospam--at)boge-boge.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 50' oc control joints for SOG ok?

50' control joints seems high to me
I usually go for square areas between 20' and 25' grids.
I usually don't count on surface friction.  The subgrade may get covered
with a vapour barrier to prevent moisture and gas migration or the
subgrade design is not followed and you have a smoother surface than
expected.

I've also place extra cuts and bars at "throat areas" where bigger slabs
are adjoined by a smaller one, slope changes or if a smaller area is set
beside a larger area.

If your control joints line up with the building columns, don't forget
the diamond shapes around interior columns.

Boge Boge (1980) Ltd.
Hans E. Boge, P. Eng.
268 Ellen Street
Winnipeg MB, Canada, R3A 1A7