Re: Turning 1" Rod

Candi-

I'm not 100% clear are your installation & whether this concept will
"fit" or serve aesthetically   but  .............

purchasing off the shelf threaded rod, 1" coupling nuts & having a
square bar drilled & tapped to 1" internal thread would be cheaper&
easier than cutting an external thread on square stock Unless the
thread length is really short)

btw the thread in one end of a turnbuckle is lefthand thread.

cheers
Bob