Grid lines in SAP2000

Greetings,

I am working in the modeling of a stadium in SAP2000 and have the 3D geometry of the same as a .dxf file. I am able to import it into SAP2000 as frame members. I wanted to know if I could assign different layers (say shear walls) and choose to import those layers are shells so that they would be defined during the import.

Also, since the geometry is very irregular, is there any way I can choose to see the elements along a particular gridline. I am unable to do the same here. I am using a grouping here to define all the elements on a gridline, but it is quite tedious. Is there any way I import/define the complex grid system so that I can choose to see a section along a grid.

Thanks
Anantha

ANANTHA NARAYAN
Graduate Student
Structural Engineering and Materials (SEM)
Virginia Tech,  VA - 24061