From: Brian Stanley [mailto:bstanley(--nospam--at)inbox.bz]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 4:54 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Catenary Floor Cont'd

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Neil - that is exactly the type of construction, I have also read the
article.  I've read up on the system and believe it to be the Metropolitan
System.

Harold/Bill - I considered the same thought.  Adjacent bays could be
reinforced so the loss of anchorage could be ignored.  But how many bays
would need to be reinforced - i.e. what's the developement length of No. 12
wire.  I was also assuming welding of wire wouldn't be feasable.

I was hoping there is some type of turnbuckle or clamp device.

Brian Stanley
Richmond, VA