Truss permanent bracing

Is it valid to summarize that a simple and rectangular
single-story hip roof structure with shear wall
construction would probably not require any "truss
permanent bracing"?  As I interpret it, the permanent
bracing is the structural component(s) required to
transfer loads (generally lateral) from one point in
the structure to another through the roof trusses.  In
this case, all lateral load goes directly to the
diaphragm.

I agree with the argument that in-truss bracing
required to brace compression members from buckling is
the responsibility of the truss manufacturer.

An inspector has identified a building design plan as
deficient because no such bracing is defined.  (The
project was designed and detailed 100% by the
architect, but that's another argument.)

Regards,
Jim Wilson