RE: Plywood roof to steel angle connection

I've had good experience with a DART flat head winged
self drilling self tapping screw.  The screw goes
through plywood and into up to steel 1/4".  The
"wings" cut a larger hole through the wood and break
off when they hit the steel.  This way the wood has a
pilot hole that is large enough that the screw threads
clear and the panel and won't push away from full
bearing on the steel while drilling.

Some of their other screws claim to 1/2" steel (hex
washer head DARTS self-drilling screws).

Their web site is
http://www.marker-darts.com/section9/ptlstdarts.htm#flat%20head
and they have an ICC report.

Paul.