Re: Catenary Floors 1920's

Amen to that brother!

I've seen concrete systems that I'd take the witness
stand and proclaim they wouldn't work.  Considering
the fact that they're now 70 years in service, I'd
amend my proclamation to "they wouldn't meet the
current standards."  So much for what I know.

I wouldn't alter one without providing redundancy of
an independent system in the zone affected.  Scary
stuff for me.

John Riley
Bill Polhemus wrote:

I'm a bit leery of these old-fashioned slab systems
from that era. They tended to be rather idiosyncratic;
many were "patented" systems of one engineer or other
and their designs presupposed things like "statics
doesn't apply."

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs