RE: Plywood roof to steel angle connection

From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Plywood roof to steel angle connection

Gautam,
I'm not sure what to spec with self drilling screws.  I have been through
this problem before, and questioned the list.  Although my question had to
do with attaching a plywood deck to light gage material.  The problem with
not using nailers is that there is no diaphragm values available, at least
that I have found, for plywood screwed to metal supports.  The only thing
that I have found is for pneumatically driven pins.

I know this doesn't help much, but I would guess that your next question may
be when you look for diaphragm values.
Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.