Re: Plywood roof to steel angle connection

Gautam Manandhar wrote:

Jordon:

Grabber screws are 1 3/4" in long.  According an APA report, the screw should extend at least three threads beyond the steel.  I am presumming that if I predrill the steel, I could use the shear value provided be Grabber.  What do you think.

Gautam

If the APA gives a shear value, and you've got the report, I'd feel pretty comfortable using the value (with reduction, if the report only gives ultimate shears. 2.5 or 3.0 is used by ICC for test vs. design, iirc). I would anticipate that predrilling to the selfdrilling diameter would not affect the strength. Does Grabber have an ICC-ES report on the shear values for their screws?