From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Typical Stud Size for Embedded Plate
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:21:51 -0500

I'm looking to embed some plates in a concrete foundation wall to support
some lightly loaded steel beams. I would like to use headed studs welded to
a plate.  What is the typical size of stud used for embedded plates?  What
is typically used in precast or tilt-up panels for most common plates?  Is
there a typical detail for rebar added in the local area of the studs?

Thanks!

Rich