Typical Stud Size for Embedded Plate

Why not use rebar?

Is it that the rebar is incompatible with the steel and weld?

The engineers I work with don't recommend headed anchor studs for a
moment connection.  But i feel if i put a hole thru a plate, and weld
inside the hole, the connection is better.

can you give me some resources to identify the matter more clearly?

Regards,
Refugio Manuel Rochin