From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:34 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: CONCRETE: History of ACI 350?

Bill,

Bill Sherman might be able to answer much of this as I believe that he
is on ACI 350.  Regardless, I have the questions into my friend at ACI.

ACI 350 did not become a standard (actually an ACI code) until 2001.
Prior to that it was actually just ACI 350R (i.e. it was not a
standard...was a report...i.e. non-mandatory language...last one was I
believe ACI 350R-89 until ACI 350-01 came into being).

I don't believe that ACI Committee 350 did any standards until 2001, at
which time they did ACI 350-01 (Code Requirements for Environmental
Engineering Concrete Structures), ACI 350.3-01 (Seismic Design of
Liquid-Containing Concrete Strucutres) and ACI 350.1-01 (Tightness
Testing of Environmental Engineering Concrete Structures).  I believe
prior to that they had only published "reports" (i.e. documents in
non-mandatory language).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Bill Polhemus wrote:

> Has anyone got a handle on the history of ACI Committee 350? When was
> it formed? When was its first standard (presumed to be ACI 350-xx)
published?