From: refugio rochin [mailto:fugeeo(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 7:17 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Typical Stud Size for Embedded Plate

Why not use rebar?

Is it that the rebar is incompatible with the steel and weld?

The engineers I work with don't recommend headed anchor studs for a

moment connection.  But i feel if i put a hole thru a plate, and weld

inside the hole, the connection is better.

can you give me some resources to identify the matter more clearly?

Regards,

Refugio Manuel Rochin

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org