RE: What is it called?

Nice building.

The corn on cob reference reminds of a photograph in the Chicago daily
newspaper from around 1963. This was of the "Marina City" twin
apartment/condo towers located downtown adjacent to the Chicago River. The
buildings are circular in plan. But rather than a smooth circumference the
towers have semi-circular "nubbins" all around them.

The photographer had placed two freshly boiled corn cobs upright and taken a
picture with the corn in the foreground and the Marina City towers in the
background for a humorous effect.

   http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/goldberg/goldberg.html
   http://www.marina-city.com/  "city within a city"  wow!

These towers are nearby to the Helmut Jahn-designed State of Illinois
building, known as "Jabba the Hut".

   Tom Barsh, P.E.
   Technical Support Engineer
   Codeware Inc